Saturday, August 31, 2013

Well, it has been a few months now, and maybe I didn't get as much done as I had wanted, but here is proof that I at least accomplished SOME things this summer!  I got to make a couple clay sculptures but also found time to make a few gifts for friends and update my place a little bit!
 
Here is cupcake custom ordered by a friend to give as a gift!  Around the side is a small ribbon banner that says "Because You're Special".

 
 
 
These next two were custom orders from a family friend.  The first is a vintage Halloween Cat with candy corn teeth...and lots of glitter per customer request!  You might think he is a little creepy, but I love creepy, vintage Halloween decorations!




The next one is a cow jumping over the moon for her 2-year old son.  I attached the cow by using a dowel rod then wrapped it in glitter ribbon.  Hope it looks good in his room!


 
 
 
Here is an awesome Pinterest project I tried in our guest room.  If you have a boring wall and don't want to paint or wallpaper, you need to try this!  I got heavy duty fabric and cut it into the shape of a headboard.  I taped it to the wall (or you can pin it) and then painted it with liquid starch.  After it dries you take the tape off and it sticks to the wall!  Apparently when you want to take it down it should easily peel off.  As you can see, Maisie enjoys it too, as she thinks this is HER bed.

 
 
 
Another Pinterest project in the guest room on top of my new awesome mirrored dresser.

 
 
I redid two nightstands for our bedroom that used to belong to Nick's grandparents.  They were his Mom's nightstands when she was little.  I used a bright yellow and teal and replaced the drawer pulls.  See that top pattern?  I used one stencil and moved it over and over again to fill the entire top.  It took awhile but I'd say it was worth it.  (Sorry for the bad quality picture.  It is off of my phone.)

 
 
 
I made this little sign for my friend's new baby girl who was born in August.

 
 
 
 
Another not-so-great quality photo, but this is a painting I made as a gift for my friend of her horse, Felix.  It was so nice and relaxing to have time to paint!

 


On my visit home to Ohio, I was forced :) to make Christmas sculptures for my Mom to use as decorations this year when her house is on the Christmas Home Tour.  She was very specific that she wanted a tall, skinny woodland Santa with a long robe and a walking stick.  Soooo picky!  Of course I totally forgot to take a picture of it after it was all painted, so you can just enjoy this creepy eye-less Santa.
 
Here is Santa with his 3 large snowman friends.  I taught my Mom how to make sculptures using papier mache so we would stay up late making these every night.  I have never made anything this big so it was a challenge, but we had fun!  Lots of slap happy moments.
 

 
 
I had to include this hilarious picture of my Mom's Alfred Hitchcock Snowman.  Doesn't it look like his profile? Hahaha!

 
 
And this last one is of a pretty bouquet I made with flowers from my Mom's garden for a wonderful friend.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment